There are several reasons why Porto is one of the main tourist destinations in Portugal: its architecture, its people and traditions, the excitement in the streets both day and night, the excellent cuisine and its unique wines.
There are some really remarkable places in Porto that must be included in a list of places to see when visiting the city.
10 places in Porto not to be missed on your next visit.
1. Historical Center: classified as a World Heritage site since 1996.
2. Palácio da Bolsa (Stock Exchange Building): one of the most beautiful buildings in the city.
3. Porto’s Wine Cellars: A must for anyone wanting to sample some of the best wines.
4. Baixa (Downtown): the hub for shopping, restaurants and entertainment.
5. Lello Bookshop: considered by the British newspaper “The Guardian” to be the third most beautiful bookshop in the world.
6. Torre dos Clérigos: constructed between 1754 and 1763, a project by Nicolau Nasoni.
7. Café Majestic: try the “rabanadas” from this historical Porto café.
8. House of Music: the first Portuguese building dedicated exclusively to music.
9. Serralves: The Museum of Contemporary Art and the most important in Porto.
10. The City Park: with 83 hectares of green space, it is the largest part in Porto.